Porcelain & Tile Warranty
What to expect from your warranty …
Only a diamond is forever. Resurfacing is the closest thing to new! Just as porcelain can be chipped, scratched, or show wear over time, a resurfaced bathtub can be chipped and scratched. Like a new surface, a resurfaced finish will wear out, too. Resurfacing is not quite as hard as the original surface. Still, resurfacing provides years of service at a substantial savings over replacement.
Resurfacing isn’t perfect … but neither is brand new tub. A new porcelain bathtub or sink can have slight flaws and imperfections from the casting process. A brand new bathtub typically comes with a one-year warranty against poor workmanship or manufacturer defects.
GET A GRIP offers a warranty to cover workmanship because we believe in our skilled craftspeople and quality materials. We use proven products and procedures. However, we can’t guarantee that the finish won’t chip or scratch if mistreated, whether intentionally or accidentally.
We can resurface bathroom porcelain bathtubs, tile surrounds, tile shower enclosures, tile shower pans and back splashes.
This limited warranty is provided by your local GET A GRIP dealer or franchisee that performed the work and service.
Should our material or workmanship prove faulty during the warranty period, we will correct these faults at no additional cost to the user. We will cover flaking, peeling and cracking. This warranty does not cover man-made damage or negligence on the part of the user.
We DO NOT guarantee the following and the warranty will be voided if:
- The Waiting Period Is Not Honored: The newly refinished area needs 24 HOURS to cure. Keep it free from water during this time.
- Bathmats containing suction cups are used. These produce a reaction with the finish when subjected to hot water. We recommend Grip-Guard™, our permanent slip-resistant surface material instead of a bathmat.
- Damage is caused by continuous wetness from leaking or dripping plumbing.
- You use harsh abrasive cleaners, bleaches or scratch pads.
- You use products containing bleach, oils, hair dyes, citric acid, etc., any of which may stain or mar the finish.
- You wash animals in a newly refinished bathtub or sink.
- You store objects directly on the surface, especially metal cans, which may form rust stains.
- You hang garments that could bleed stains on the surface.
- There is any movement in the substructure of the surface which, in turn, causes movement in the refinished surface. Any resulting cracks or splits in the refinished surface or grout lines are not covered under the warranty.
- There is damage from any activity or use that is not normal or an intended use of the bathtub or sink as recommended by the original manufacturer.
cracking seams, soft bottoms, rust and/or general wear and tear.